Flipkart Deal of the Day

Ragging in Narayana Junior College at Dilsukhnagar branch CHANDRAPUR (Maharashtra): admitted to Civil hospital ICU

Mar 25, 2010:CHANDRAPUR (Maharashtra): A 16-year-old college student, Abhijit Narayana, was tortured in the name of ragging by his seniors in Hyderabad, by giving him electric shocks after severe thrashing. He was brought to Chandrapur, his native place, and admitted to Civil hospital ICU on Wednesday. A police complaint has been lodged against 11 students by Abhijit's parents.

Abhijit joined Narayana Junior College at Dilsukhnagar branch last year. He was also preparing for IIT-JEE. On March 20 night, 11 of his college mates locked Abhijit in his hostel room and ragged him for around three hours. "They were angry with me because I avoided them for their bad habits,'' Abhijit said.

Initially, his college mates told Abhijit that they planned to celebrate the birthday of a common friend at midnight. "They bolted all other rooms on our floor in the hostel from outside and came to my room. Both my roommates joined them in the ragging. They accused me of stealing money and started beating me up, '' he recounted. Four of them lashed at him with belts, while another kept kicking him. "Then they pushed me against a smashed switchboard and gave me electric shocks,'' he said.

Worse, they recorded his torture on a mobile camera and threatened Abhijit that they would upload it on a social networking site and humiliate him. source

Post a Comment